US President Donald Trump on Tuesday defended the ongoing conflict with Iran, claiming that the military action so far has been “very popular,” despite critics saying otherwise.
Trump made the remarks while interacting with reporters at the White House.
“Whether it’s popular or not, I have to do it,” he said, adding that he was acting to prevent the world from being “blown up.”
He also hinted that the US may strike Iran once again, adding that he was only an hour away from deciding on a strike before he postponed the attack.
"I was an hour away from making the decision to go today," Trump told reporters.
He added that Iran's leaders have been begging to make a deal.
- Ends
Published By:
Aprameya Rao
Published On:
May 19, 2026 20:35 IST

52 minutes ago
