Last Updated:August 31, 2025, 18:17 IST
The plan also includes the temporary relocation of Gaza’s 2 million residents, offering cash payouts, food, and rent subsidies to those who leave

Palestinians gather to look for survivors at the site of an Israeli strike that several buildings in the Al-Rimal neighbourhood of Gaza City. (AFP photo)
A postwar plan for Gaza reportedly circulating among Trump administration officials and Israeli strategists proposes the temporary relocation of Gaza’s entire population to make way for luxury tourism and advanced technology development, The Washington Post reported on Sunday.
The plan also includes the temporary relocation of Gaza’s 2 million residents, offering cash payouts, food, and rent subsidies to those who leave.
According to the report, the 38-page proposal suggests turning Gaza into a US-administered trusteeship for at least ten years. During this period, the enclave would be transformed into a high-tech manufacturing zone and tourist destination, with the local population moved either to foreign countries or into restricted zones within Gaza during reconstruction.
The plan, known as the Gaza Reconstitution, Economic Acceleration and Transformation Trust (GREAT Trust), includes offers of digital tokens to landowners in exchange for redevelopment rights. These tokens could either help finance a new life elsewhere or be redeemed for apartments in one of six to eight planned AI-powered “smart cities" in Gaza.
Each Palestinian who agrees to leave would receive a $5,000 cash payment, subsidies for four years of rent, and one year of food support. The proposal estimates that removing each resident would save around $23,000, compared to the cost of keeping them in secure housing within Gaza during reconstruction, the publication reported.
The financial planning for the project reportedly involved advisors from the Boston Consulting Group and individuals linked to the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF), which has been distributing aid in the enclave.
The report comes as the situation in Gaza deteriorates further. On Friday, the Israeli military declared Gaza City a “dangerous combat zone", signalling the start of an expanded offensive to seize control of the area. Military officials said operations had already begun on the city’s outskirts.
The United Nations recently declared a famine in Gaza governorate, where nearly one million people currently live. It blamed the crisis on Israel’s obstruction of humanitarian aid.
Israel’s military offensive, launched in response to the Hamas attack in October 2023, has killed more than 63,000 Palestinians, according to Gaza’s health ministry. Most of the population has been displaced at least once.
While the Israeli military has not yet ordered a mass evacuation of Gaza City, officials have said it is “inevitable."
(With inputs from AFP)
The News Desk is a team of passionate editors and writers who break and analyse the most important events unfolding in India and abroad. From live updates to exclusive reports to in-depth explainers, the Desk d...Read More
The News Desk is a team of passionate editors and writers who break and analyse the most important events unfolding in India and abroad. From live updates to exclusive reports to in-depth explainers, the Desk d...
Read More
Israel
First Published:August 31, 2025, 18:17 IST
News world Israel's Postwar Plan Proposes Clearing Gaza For Luxury Tourism, Tech Hub: Report
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Read More