Last Updated:February 22, 2026, 23:48 IST
Oman Foreign Minister Badr Albusaidi announced US-Iran nuclear talks will resume Thursday, aiming for a deal on sanctions relief.

Oman’s Foreign Minister Sayyid Badr Albusaidi (AFP File)
Days after the US-Iran talks in Geneva, Oman Foreign Minister on Sunday said there will be another round of talks on Thursday.
AFP quoted Badr Albusaidi saying in a social media post, talks would resume “with a positive push to go the extra mile towards finalising the deal".
The Oman-mediated talks are aimed at curbing Iran’s nuclear programme in exchange for sanctions relief, a longstanding demand from Tehran.
Also Read: Iran Says US Stance On Nuclear Issue ‘More Realistic’ Ahead Of Second Round Of Talks
During the previous round of talks, officials said they agreed on a set of guiding principles that could form the basis of a broader deal.
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi described the discussions as “more constructive" than previous rounds, saying both sides would now begin drafting texts for a potential agreement. Omani Foreign Minister Badr Albusaidi also said “good progress" had been made but cautioned that significant work remained.
Also Read: Amid Nuclear Talks, Iran Signals Openness To Verification As US Military Build-Up Heightens Tensions
Previously, Iran’s Supreme Leader warned the country has the capability to sink a US warship, while US President Donald Trump has repeatedly threatened “consequences" if a deal is not reached.
Washington has stepped up its military presence in the region, deploying the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln to the Gulf and indicating a second carrier, the USS Gerald R. Ford, would follow soon. Satellite imagery has previously shown US carrier strike groups operating within range of Iran.
The West has long suspected Iran’s nuclear programme could be aimed at developing a bomb, an allegation Tehran continues to deny as negotiations move forward amid the threat of further escalation.
Handpicked stories, in your inbox
A newsletter with the best of our journalism
First Published:
February 22, 2026, 23:48 IST
News world Latest US-Iran Talks To Be Held On February 26 In Geneva: Oman
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Read More

1 hour ago
