Last Updated:April 05, 2025, 16:25 IST
Trump ordered large-scale attacks on the Houthi rebels in Yemen in retaliation for attacking global shipping in the Red Sea to express solidarity with Palestinians during the Israel-Hamas war.

US President Donald Trump has vowed that the Houthis will never sink American ships again. (Reuters/X)
US President Donald Trump shared a video of a deadly strike on Houthi rebels, days after he ordered large-scale attacks on the Iran-backed group in Yemen, adding the comment “oops."
The black-and-white footage Trump shared resembled images shot from military drones or other loitering aircraft, and showed several dozen human figures from an almost vertical angle. “These Houthis gathered for instructions on an attack. Oops, there will be no attack by these Houthis!" Trump said on his Truth Social platform.
These Houthis gathered for instructions on an attack. Oops, there will be no attack by these Houthis!They will never sink our ships again! pic.twitter.com/lEzfyDgWP5
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 4, 2025
“They will never sink our ships again!" he added. Last month, Trump ordered large-scale attacks on the Houthi group. The first US strikes against Yemen’s Houthis since Trump took office killed 31 people on March 16, with the US president warning “hell will rain down upon" the Iran-backed group if it did not stop attacking shipping.
The intense campaign of airstrikes in Yemen under Trump, targeting the rebels over their attacks on shipping in Mideast waters stemming from the Israel-Hamas war, has killed a total of 67 people so far, according to casualty figures released by the Houthis.
The video shared by Trump showed people superimposed with a gun camera-style crosshair. A few seconds in, a bright flash appears in the middle of the scene, followed by billowing smoke. No bodies were immediately identifiable.
Meanwhile, the US on Wednesday said it would send a second aircraft carrier, the USS Carl Vinson, to join the USS Harry S. Truman in the Middle East “to continue promoting regional stability, deter aggression, and protect the free flow of commerce in the region."
The United States has also deployed at least six nuclear-capable B-2 Spirit bombers to Camp Thunder Bay on the island of Diego Garcia in a strong show of force against the Houthis and Iran. The Diego Garcia base is south of India and within striking distance of both Iran and Yemen.
The rebels say they’ve continued to launch attacks against US warships in the Red Sea, namely the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman, which is carrying out the majority of the strikes on the Houthis, although no American warship has been struck yet amid intense fighting.
The US campaign against Houthis was mired in a row after a journalist was inadvertently added to a Signal text chain by national security adviser Mike Waltz, where plans for a military strike against the Houthis were discussed. US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth said no classified information was leaked in the chat.
(with inputs from agencies)
Location :Washington D.C., United States of America (USA)
First Published:April 05, 2025, 16:17 IST
News world 'Oops': Trump Shares Video Of Deadly Strike On Houthis, Says They 'Will Never Sink Our Ships Again'